CTC: links to related pages
- WAMS - Walking Access Mapping System - Ara Hikoi. Interactive NZ topomap site including layers showing public access areas.
- NZ Topomaps. Another interactive NZ topomap site. Doesn't show public access areas but has other useful capabilities like printing and coordinate readout and conversions.
- koordinates.com. Yet another interactive map. Harder to use than the above two but with lots more individually-selectable information layers.
- LINZ topo maps. You can download full-size images of the Topo50, Topo250 etc series of maps from this site. But be warned: they're huge.
Other New Zealand tramping and alpine clubs
Note that the Waimea Tramping Club has a comprehensive page of links to the home pages of other tramping clubs.
Other North Island Clubs:
Wellington region clubs:
Top of the South Island clubs:
Otago and Southland clubs:
Buying tramping stuff:
Other pages of interest:
- The Summit Road Society works to enhance, preserve and protect the nature, beauty and open character of the hills of Banks Peninsula for people to enjoy.
- Remote Huts Westland, maintained by a group working to make sure the huts are maintained.
- Outdoor New Zealand is a wide ranging web site on outdoor activities in New Zealand.
- MOUNTAINZ.CO.NZ "is open to all mountaineers to share their alpine adventures".
- Campfire creations is a commercial website is about cooking good food in the New Zealand outdoors.
- New Zealand Tramper is a site that contains general information on tramping in New Zealand. You can join the site, and post your own information!
- Tramping New Zealand is a site that contains reports and photos of tramps and walks from around New Zealand.
- The degree confluence project is an eccentric site that records details of visits to many of the latitude and longitude integer degree intersections in the world.
- Peak to Peak is an international site with a huge number of links to tramping and wilderness web sites.
- Graeme Black is in the process putting his father's journals on-line on this web site. Many trips will be familiar to club members.
- Club member John Henzell's sea to summit website. he has another site on his current journey on the Pacific Crest Trail.
- Softrock is a site maintained by Graeme Kates of Arthurs Pass. It contains a lot of info on the Arthurs Pass area, including tramping and climbing routes, weather and snow conditions. This material is under the links page.
- Bryan Dudley's site on Ultralite tramping contains advice for those that want to travel light.
- Today's weather from MetService.
- snow.co.nz is a comprehensive New Zealand skiing site.
- Bushwalking in Australia.
- Hiking, Trekking & Camping @ ABC-of-Hiking.com. A portal for Hiking, Trekking & Camping Information. Hiking Tips & Techniques, Hiking Equipment Buying Guides and all information you need to go Hiking.
- mtnguide.org is the one stop shop for adventure travel needs.
- Glentui Homestay is a B&B in the Canterbury foothills, adjacent to Mount Richardson, Mount Thomas Forest set in 11 hectares of native bush.
- The Kaikoura Coastal Track is a three day track run by commercial operators.
- Nelson Lakes Shuttles arrange transport in the Nelson Lakes area, offer free tramping and accommodation information, and can arrange car storage and car transfer to any track end.
- Waka Whenua Tours are a Marlborough company that provides shuttle services for ferry passengers, and can also provide trampers transfers for smaller groups.
- Rutherford Travel offers information on the Marlborough Sounds region, as well as allowing for on-line bookings for operators in that region.
- Global Treks n Tours is a NZ-based travel company specializing in trekking, tramping, hiking and vehicle tours in numerous destinations around the globe including NZ itself.
- What's on in Christchurch
- The Bibbulman Track Foundation manages, maintains and markets the Bibbulmun Track in Western Australia, which stretches almost 1000kms from Kalamunda in the Perth Hills to Albany on the south coast. The Track passes through some of the most diverse and beautiful coastal, forest and wilderness areas of Australia’s south west.